Spark is cooperatively organized as a membership-based nonprofit.
We are starting with a focus on membership for individuals. Once systems have been fine-tuned to support Spark members to share the work of making Spark happen we will open up membership to businesses, community organizations, and anchor institutions.
Working Members contribute $30 / month and some work to help make Spark happen. Beyond the standard responsibilities of staffing spaces and leading classes, we also are open to how Members can contribute in ways that leverage the specific talents and interests of each individual. Learn more about Working Members.
Leads contribute “sweat equity” at a more substantial level by leading a key area such as a meetup group or workstation. Leads have the option of not paying monthly dues.
General Members contribute $55 / month to have access to the space with no obligation to work, much like a gym membership.
Youth Members contribute at $10 / month for people under 16 who must be accompanied by an adult Member of Spark.
Interested in becoming a Member of Spark?
- Check out the Membership Handbook here to learn about the nuts and bolts of what Spark is, how it works, and the underlying motivations for making Spark happen.
- Come down to Spark and attend one of our a Member Orientations which are scheduled on Saturdays at 10:30am and Wednesdays at 6:00pm (check out the calendar for more details).
- While you're here, you can fill out the paperwork which includes the Member Contract and a Cultural Understanding document, begin payment, and get a fob for door access.
- Fill out the Member Information Form so we can send you info about classes and meetups that you're interested in.
- There are subsequent Orientations for each of the spaces to learn how to responsibly use the space and equipment for open access between 10am - 10pm.